Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Easter



It seems like Easter was ages ago. Fading memories in my shadowy mind. We spent the day with my mom and Stan. Perfect Easter weather I do remember that. I didn't even think to pack "good" clothes so we celebrated in our whatever was clean clothes. When we got to their house the boys found the Easter baskets that were waiting for them. They were filled with all sorts of awesome goodies. Foam soap, squishy balls, and tons of candy.


After rifling their baskets for all the sugar it was time to hunt eggs. They were acting all weird and calm when it was time to go outside. Normally they jockey for position and foam at the mouth until they are out the door. As soon as they did get outside though, it was time for some serious competition.


They were egg finding gurus.




Pretty Mommy. She was real excited about the egg hunt too.


Even J found some eggs. He loved the plastic ones because he knew how to open them. Mmm jelly beans. He cried because I took them away after this picture and gave him something a little more seven tooth friendly.


Tallying up the eggs. My boys know that I decide how much I love them by how many eggs they find. They always strive to be my favorite.








After the egg hunt, we spent the day on the Wii fit. Mike was awesome at the soccer ball dodging game. I excelled at the downhill jumping game. And my mom was the best stepper.


Easter hats made out of tissue paper are funny.

I remember when I was a kid, I always used to savor my candy. My mom would find old Easter and Halloween candy months after the holiday was long gone. The boys are not like that. They had all their candy gone within 48 hours!

No comments: