Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sea World



I believe at one point I was blogging about vacation? Sometimes life intervenes and throws me off my blogging schedule, but I'm back now so back to vacation. Sea World is what all of us adults were looking forward to the most out of everything on our week's itinerary.

I mean who doesn't want to see cute little penguins, Beluga Whales, and a big fat walrus up close and in person?
The walrus were my favorite I don't know why. I just love how the rolled their way in the water and when they finally did get in they just looked so graceful!

I am pretty sure I accompanied the most handsome men at the park that day.

We only saw two shows that day, one was Blue Horizons and we were not impressed. Umm okay so why is they a flying woman in a bird costume, some trapeze men, and divers at Sea World? Bring on the animals!!

I forgot the name of the second show but it was all about pets. I was sure this would be a hit with James since he is normally all about animals. They had lots of dogs, cats, birds, and even a pig. We made sure to get there extra early to get good seats.

Grandma waiting anxiously for the show to begin!
He liked it for about 10 minutes and then was ready to go. Sea World day just wasn't his happy day.

We all got to pet the rays which was slightly creepy and exhilarating all at the same time.

And Mike was the winner on the wall of ice. He held his hand on it the longest out of all of us without lifting it up. Of course all he won was bragging rights.

Marcus on the other hand one a real prize. He spent part of his allowance on this game that was similar to skeeball to get your fish the across the finish line first. He won on his first try! Oh boy was he beaming with pride when they handed him his prize. It was so cute.

James did find something he loved that day. There was this large circle that the little kids could jump around in and it was also filled with soft blocks. Grandma took him here while we were doing the crappy Blue Horizons show. She handed him a blue block and I guess he got it in his head that all the blue blocks were his because that is the only color ones he would touch after that.

We also managed to do some rides at Sea World too. We found the teacups so that was a must do for me.
Some of the lines were pretty long so we did some impromptu photo sessions.

And of course some staring contests.

James was so cute on this ride. He saw everyone else putting their hands in the air so he just had to follow suit. He is fearless!

That is all I have for our Sea World trip. We had a blast!

No comments: