Sunday, November 8, 2009

And just like that she is gone again



Gramma Mickey was in town visiting last week. Life is always that much sweeter when she is in town. Literally and figuratively, she never stops baking. She made cookie bars, a cake, cupcakes, homemade ice cream, a cheesecake, ribs, chicken, soup, coleslaw, and much much more. I think my dishwasher ran 27 times in the past 8 days.

Today we dropped her off at the airport and said our goodbyes. James started to cry as we drove off. I was sad too. I feel so lucky to have such a great mother in law and can only hope that one day I will be as close to my sons wives as I am to her.

She will be back in January for her quarterly visit. I'm sure the boys will be looking forward to her cinnamon toast and hot chocolate breakfasts, James will be telling Gramma how HOT everything is, I will be ready for one of Gramma's notorious walks, and Mike will be ready for mom's home cooking.

No comments: